Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Washington Adventures

We had a great time in Washington this weekend. It was an adventure: flooding, an overcrowded Motel 6 in Centralia, Bob almost stuck in Portland, the Country Cousin, Vis almost stuck in Portland, the bowling alley u-turn debacle, Devyn and Ryan getting married...the list goes on. And it was all a blast. Here are some pics to highlight the adventure. We flew in on Thursday morning, and arrived in Seattle at about 11am Pacific time. We decided to spend the day there before heading down to Centralia (and the floods). We did fairly typical touristy stuff, since it was our first time in Seattle.

We went up in the space needle, and this is what we saw...

...and this...

...and of course, the tip of the needle itself (taken from within the needle's observatory deck)...

...and a helicopter took off down below.

Very nice. After the needle, we headed down to Pike's Place Market...fish, fruit, various locally produced goods. It was cool. Touristy, but not in a bad way.

If I could kiss an ugly fish every day, I would...

...I'll consider rotating this picture someday, but for now, you're gonna have to sit sideways.

We went to Tumwater Falls on Friday. We couldn't get into the park itself because of all the flooding, but we were able to observe. Check out this current. I wouldn't want to fall in, that's for sure.

Once again, please sit sideways.

And alas, there was a wedding. I was honored to be part of the ceremony, and all my ushering practice paid off. I think I did a spot on job, and I even got to seat the mother of the groom. Take that, groomsmen!

The whole motley crue.

The happy couple.

Me and the Vis.

...the other happy couple.

We had a blast, but we were ready to get home to Addison. Almost four days without her was enough.

And if you're ever in Centralia, WA, be sure to stop at the Country Cousin, and ask about the oil painting of Burt Reynolds. It's a doozy.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 12:46 AM EST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I particularly enjoyed the WA/OR scenes from a sideways position. Why don't we look at the world sidways more often?

 
At 5:10 PM EST , Blogger Devyn said...

It was great to have you guys out there! Glad you were able to make the best of the situation...with lots of humor and graciousness. I love the picture Carla took of you walking my grandma down the aisle. I am sure one of you cracked some joke.....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home