Monday, January 26, 2009

I'm a Pastor!

As of about an hour ago, I am officially the Pastor of Bretton Woods Covenant Church in Lansing, MI. My first day in the office will be Monday, February 9 and my first Sunday will be February 15. It's incredible. Marcie and I (and a whole lot of our friends and family) have been praying for this moment for years, and now it's here. It's surreal, it's exciting, and it's sacred. I can't wait to get started. So my days as a stay at home dad are numbered, and I will enjoy them to the best of my ability.

It's truly humbling to be living into this call, a call which I first sensed a little more than 10 years ago and now am able to realize as the pastor of this wonderful little church in Lansing. I'd refer you to the website, but it's not currently functional. I think the pastor should get to fixing that right away.

So thank you to all who pray for us. We sense that God has made this happen, and we know many of you have prayed for just that. We look forward to life in Lansing, and thank God that it's only an hour away from where we live now.

Now it is with great enthusiasm that I now say "Go Lugnuts!" (the single-A baseball team in Lansing), and with slightly less enthusiasm, yet endless respect for Tom Izzo, I say "Go Spartans?!?" I'll have to work on that.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 5:03 PM EST , Blogger Matt said...

blessings!

 
At 10:23 PM EST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pastor Gates. I am a member of BWCC in Lansing and want to say welcome to Lansing and BWCC. My husband, Richard and I are currently in FL 'til March and are so excited to meet you and your family. You are an answer to our prayers. May God bless you on your first day tommorrow.

Nelva Sherman

 
At 9:04 AM EST , Blogger Andrew Gates said...

Thanks, Nelva! I'm excited to meet you, and the rest of the winter Floridians!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home