Friday, May 04, 2007

Shenanigans and Goings On

Some snippets of what's going on:

  • I've been suffering from lame duck syndrome since making the decision to move to G-Rap. Overall, it's not too bad, but during lulls, I start to lose motivation.
  • Blake's performance on American Idol this week was the most impressive I've ever seen. I generally consider AI a waste of my time, but for the first time, I was actually impressed by the artistry of one of the contestants. Sure, people with pretty great voices have been on the show, but this actually impressed me from an artistic standpoint. You may disagree, but I liked it, and I decided that I'm not too much of a hipster-snob to shout it from the rooftops.
  • I've been reading Randy Frazee's The Connecting Church, and wish it was titled something more accurate, like Is True Community Possible in Suburbia? or something to that effect. That would have made me want to read it much earlier. As it stands, the title is sort of sterile sounding, and doesn't do justice to this excellent book. Very challenging to the suburban church paradigm, and an excellent, no compromise plan for Biblical community.
  • Addison is at an unbelievably entertaining stage of her development. She is beautiful, social, happy, strong, loving, and more a joy than I could have imagined on my own.
  • Training for the 5k is going pretty well, but I've had a bit of abnormal soreness in my left leg for the last couple days that has thrown off my training a bit. The race is in 8 days. Training for it gives me a goal to strive for and an added sense of purpose. It seems silly, but it's true.
  • I've been listening to some great music acquired from the library: Neko Case, Over the Rhine, more Yo La Tengo, Wilco and Billy Bragg, Iron & Wine/Calexico, old Sigur Ros, Joanna Newsom, and some new permanent acquisitions from the Violent Femmes, TV on the Radio and Vigilantes of Love.
  • I'm pumped about the Wilco show on June 15.
  • Last weekend was incredible. Congrats to Ush and Steph. The community of 104 (college friends) coming together is truly a beautiful thing, and we are extremely blessed each time we come together. The way Addison lit up around our dear friends brought more joy to my heart than I can describe. You are truly family.
  • It was great to see my family for my dad's birthday as well. Stockholm Inn is always amazing (you don't know what you got 'til it's gone), and it was wonderful to get to see everyone. I love you...you are also truly family (duh!).
  • Go Bulls.
  • Golden State? Amazing.
  • Prior's season ending "exploratory" shoulder surgery? Big surprise, right?

To borrow an apropos sign off from my dear friend, Vis...you have my love.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home