Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The Vows

The following is not for the squeamish or the faint of heart. It is the vows I read to Marcie exactly three years ago, on the day we were wed. And just a note: weddings are overrated, but marriage is awesome. Don't spend so much time planning a wedding that you forget to prepare for a marriage. The marriage lasts (or should last) a lot longer. End of unsolicited advice.
___________________________________________________________

Marcie, my love, my favorite, my pace partner, the love of my life, my cool breeze on a hot day, the best ever, my princess:

As I vow my love for you, the question that begs to be answered is "what will I give to you?"
Well, I will not give you perfection as you already know, for I am far from that ideal...only Christ can give perfection
I will not give you fulfillment, for I am only human, incapable of fulfilling all your needs...only Christ can give this as well
I will not secure, predict and guarantee all the details of our future together, for I am bound to this moment in time just like you...only God knows what He has in store for us.

All I have to give you is myself, me with all my imperfections, quirks, obsessive behavior and gas problems
I will give you my life so that we can begin OUR life, a life we will spend together and never give up on until our last breath
I will give you my time whenever you need to be with me, whenever you need to talk to me, whenever you need to cry with me
I will give you all the romantic energy I can muster from within me as I continually woo you and make you my princessI
will give you all that I am able to give you. I will continue to dig deeper and deeper into my soul in attempt to express the love I have for you, a love that is sure to grow and grow as we become closer to one another, closer to Christ
I will go through absolutely everything with you. I will be relentlessly commited to you

You deserve everything I have to give and much more.
You have demonstrated such great love to me, it makes me want to love you back even more
You are the most beautiful woman in my world. Your beauty encompasses the whole of you, inside and out.
I am forever greatful to God for creating you with me in mind
I will do my best to take care of you, to honor you, to serve you and always protect you

It is a shame that the phrase "I love you" contains both the words 'I' and 'you,' since neither of these pronouns apply to us anymore.

It is now only 'we.' We love each other, and will love each other for the rest of our days, because Christ first loved us.

This I vow to you, Marcie.

1 Comments:

At 11:48 PM EST , Blogger PezKat said...

*sniff, sniff*! Wow.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home