Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Travelin'

Last summer, Marcie and I went to Michigan for our vacation. It may not sound all that exciting to many, but it was the best vacation we've ever had. One of the best parts of it was spending a couple days up in Houghton-Hancock with Nate and Rochelle (Grabher and Rochi-taka).

Here we are, nearly a year later, and Grabher and Rochi-taka are to become the Grabhers. On Saturday, they will be united in holy matrimony. I am so excited for them. I can't recall being as exciting for a wedding. Why?

Well, for one, Nate and Rochelle started dating on April 1, 2001. Marcie and I started dating on March 24, 2001, exactly one week prior. Marcie and I have been married for almost three years now, but Nate and Rochelle are just getting into this great journey known as marriage. We've been on the journey together, and I'm greatly excited for my friends to be fully united. They deserve each other. I love them and am excited beyond words to celebrate their union this weekend. They're such dear friends. Hep!

And the fun doesn't end there. Marcie and I are hopping on a plane at 6am Sunday to head back to Indy. As soon as we get back, we'll drive back home, I'll switch suitcases (prepacked, of course), get into a minivan with my Sr. High youth group, and head to Knoxville, TN for CHIC 2006.

CHIC is a youth conference put on by the Evangelical Covenant Church (my denomination of upbringing and choice) every three years. It is a week of intense worship, service, fun, and hopefully spiritual growth. It's funny, because I've been in the Covenant Church my whole life, but I've never been to CHIC. I think I'm kind of a black sheep in the Covenant (salvation pending: non-CHIC attendee).

Well, that's all about to change. I'm gonna get me some CHIC, and so are 7 youth from our church. They're stoked, I'm stoked, everybody's stoked-stoked. I am praying that I don't get too physically exhausted from all the travel and celebration. Sickness would be the last thing I would need. So you won't be hearing from me until I return on July 21st. I would appreciate your prayers.

Over and out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home