Monday, May 22, 2006

Defending a Rock Star

Last Friday night (5/12), John Stossel did one of his 20/20 "Top Ten Things that Everybody Thinks is True But I Wholeheartedly Disagree With" (or whatever they're called) specials. I know he's just providing counterpoints, but his antagonistic style disturbs me and he sort of drives me nuts. But alas, that's not why I'm writing.

I'm writing because he basically attacked Bono in his special for seeking federal aid to Africa. Stossel argued that throwing money at the problem is not enough and that we need to help structure the African economy so that people with entrepreneurial gifts can start new businesses.

Well, I think Mr. Stossel is attacking the wrong guy. Maybe Stossel should talk to Bono before he tells everyone what Bono thinks.

1 Comments:

At 5:20 PM EDT , Blogger PezKat said...

Well, I'm going to do what annoys me when others do it to me, which is leave a comment that has nothing whatsoever to do with this particular post! But I wanted to say hi and 'Hey, I finally remembered to check out your blog!'. So, um, Hi! And hey, I finally remembered to check out your blog! ;-) Plus I thought you needed some comments, related or not. Love the name, btw.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home